Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Things I Have Learned Recently

1. Color pencils do not scan well. The scanner picks up the wax from the pencil and creates shine that distorts the colors and even some of the shapes. So in order to show my art now I have to find the camera, be able to adjust the lighting without disturbing other family members, and find suitable backdrops for photography. Some day that will all happen at the same time and then I will post my pictures. Don't hold your breath....

2. When the phone rings at 5 am it IS something bad. At 4:55 I sent a text my son, who replied that he was on his way home. At 5:05 am the phone rang. "Mom, I had a wreck." Thankfully he was less than 1 mile from home, so it didn't take us long to get there. He wasn't hurt, but the Jeep is a total loss.

3. We should all aspire to be wrecker drivers. It cost $100 to tow the Jeep 1/2 mile.

4. Panic attacks and stress can make you feel like you're having a heart attack. Only this one lasts for days/weeks. And the more you think you may be having a heart attack, the more stress you are adding to your life. The more stress you add, the more it feels like a

5. The difference between local TV and satellite TV is that now I pay to have nothing to watch.

6. If you live near me be forewarned - you have to drive to another town (at least 20 minutes) to buy a spool of thread.

7. Blogs that aren't updated are harder to write. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment